What to Ask When Choosing a Lender
Asking these general questions can help you find the right lender for you.
- What sets you apart from other mortgage brokers and lenders?
- What subsequent financial or other planning services will you provide after the loan closing? When will you offer those services?
- Do your mortgage services include financial benefits that extend beyond closing to encompass the entire time I own my home?
- Will you provide a list of past borrowers and other references?
- How will you ensure that I am reasonably protected and informed throughout the loan process?
- Will you help me evaluate how the various available loan programs might realize the most equity if I resell my property?
- What process does your company have in place for resolving disputes or disagreements?
When looking for a lender, make sure you cover each of these additional question categories: