Existing Home versus New Construction
One of the first questions for home buyers to consider when searching for a new home is whether they want an existing home or to build a new home. Either way you go, The Home Buyers, Inc. can help.Besides all our services when you’re searching for an existing home, we offer a valuable and complete range of new construction services.
Sweat Equity versus Turn-key Convenience
When you’re wondering whether new construction or a new home is right for you – it might help to consider the following:
Advantages to Buying an Existing Home
Among the advantages to buying an existing home, they usually:
- Cost less per square foot.
- Are located in established neighborhoods. As a result, they may offer a greater sense of community than new construction.
- Give you the opportunity to add value by making improvements or modifications.
- Don’t require window coverings, landscaping and other “incidentals” that can wind up costing $10,000 or more.
Advantages to New Construction
Among the advantages to new construction, newly built homes:
- Usually feature the convenience of built-in, warranty-protected appliances, larger closets and low-maintenance siding.
- Are typically more energy efficiency.
- Feature low home taxes for the first – and sometimes the second – year of ownership.
- Let you customize floor plans, adjusting room size and other details.